Sorry for the slacking...life has been nutty...
Here is a run down of what we have been up to in the month of June
- Father in law's birthday dinner
- Ava's birthday- small friend party
- Ava's birthday- family birthday party
- my grandmother and uncle's birthday's-- get together at my mom's house w/ family
- sister in law's middle school graduation
- a whole morning at driving school (grrrrr!)
- Ava's end of year gymnastics show
- out of town friends stopping through on a long road trip
- our driveway was sealed
- our patio going in in the backyard
- Father's Day--
- a trip to Massachusetts to visit friends
- My birthday (on the day of the car ride home from Massachusetts...fun, huh?!). We did go out to dinner when we got home, which was nice.
- Scott's birthday is this Friday (as is his brother (his twin!), and my brother's)
- Scott has a 2-day business trip to N.J. planned for next week...
- ...then we get into 4th of July festivities and I'm supposed to start teaching a Creative Writing Class on July 5th....Ack!
So, anyway, while I've missed you all, I'm running a bit of a social marathon this month...I've often had friends comment that our schedule is quite busy, and it is, but truly, there is so much family stuff going on that it's hard to figure out where to simplify sometimes...If any of you have suggestions or find yourself experiencing the same ebb and flow of events I'd love to hear how you manage it all when things start to feel a little bit hairy!
Speaking of hairy, ever since Ava figured out how easy it is to take pictures with my i-phone I have been finding the most...um...interesting...photos captured on my phone lately. Like this picture of the back of my head...
or this one of the kitchen floor and Ella's pajamas....
or this one (there were actually 7 of these on my phone before I deleted them) of the wall in our friends' playroom while we were visiting them in Massachusetts last week...
or, my favorite...(I re-sized it to be as small as possible so as not to frighten anyone any more than need be...)
kind of scary, huh?
Sorry to inflict that montage of random photographic images on you...but, just imagine, you're out meeting up with some friends and you go to show them the wonderfully captured pictures of your adorable children on your i-phone...just as you're scanning through those adorable pictures...well, teeth pop up!!
and, while we're on the subject of teeth...Ava's passion to be a tattoo artist last week has been replaced by a passion to be her sister's dentist this week.
She got an electric toothbrush for her birthday and wanted to show Ella how it worked!
That's all I've got for you today...Ava's very short nap is over and she is beckoning me in a high pitched voice from her bedroom...momma is off and back to the races!